Vacation Rental Policies
COASTAL REALTY & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT INC.
RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT, AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THE PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL. COASTAL REALTY & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, INC. (“COASTAL REALTY” OR “AGENT”), THE MANAGEMENT FIRM, ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY, RENTS THE SUBJECT PROPERTY TO THE TENANT, WHO MUST BE 25 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, SUBJECT TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT.
(1) CANCELLATION POLICIES. RESERVATION ADMIN FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. ALL CLEANING AND DAMAGE INSURANCE FEES WILL BE REFUNDED.
For Monthly rentals: Monthly rentals cannot be shortened after reservation is confirmed. For multi-month reservations, one month may not be cancelled without the remaining months being cancelled. Cancellations made between six (6) months-90 days prior to arrival will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the original down payment; Cancellations made between 90-30 days prior to arrival will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the first month’s rent plus taxes; Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to arrival will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 1 month’s rent plus tax.
For Weekly & Daily rentals: Cancellations made between 90-30 days prior to arrival will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the original down payment. Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to arrival will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the total rent plus tax.
Natural disasters, acts of God, inclement weather or problems could affect your vacation. We will do our best to accommodate you should a problem occur, but we cannot refund any portion of your rent. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR RESERVATION HOLDS THAT UNIT IN YOUR NAME, THEREBY REMOVING IT FROM THE AVAILABLE RENTAL INVENTORY.
(2) TRAVEL INSURANCE. Coastal Realty offers third party travel insurance for purchase on reservations as a way for Tenants to obtain coverage for unforeseen circumstances that affect their vacation. Tenant must submit and manage travel insurance claims with the travel insurance company. The travel insurance company is solely responsible for approving or denying claims; Agent has no control over travel insurance claims. Tenant must notify the travel insurance company directly regarding any changes to their reservation (e.g. stay dates, cancellations, etc.) that were made after the travel insurance policy was created.
(3) RENTAL FEES & PAYMENTS. Payments will include the following charges for each reservation made: Mandatory departure cleaning fees which vary by unit size and term of reservation (exact amount will be stated on reservation confirmation); reservation processing fees which vary depending on the property reserved (exact amount will be stated on reservation confirmation). All fees are subject to State Sales and County Accommodation Tax. Tax rates are calculated as of the time of the creation of the reservation. Tenant shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes according to rates in effect at the time of the occupancy.
(4) DOWN PAYMENT & FINAL BALANCE. Down payments are required for each reservation at the time of booking. For monthly reservations, full payment of balance on the first month is due 30 days prior to arrival; the following months are due 30 days prior to the start of the month. Full payment of balance is due 30 days in advance of arrival for weekly and daily reservations. Agent may automatically charge balance on or after its due date. Failure to pay the balance by its due date may result in cancellation of the reservation.
(5) TENANT ID VERIFICATION. Tenant may be required to complete an identity verification process. Failure to complete the verification process or indication of false identity may result in the cancellation of Tenant’s reservation with full refund.
(6) RETURNED CHECKS. Tenant agrees to pay a processing fee ($50.00 minimum) for any check of Tenant that is returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds, because tenant did not have an account at the financial institution, or for any other reason.
(7) AGENT DUTIES. Coastal Realty agrees to provide the Property in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Property, Agent cannot provide the Property in a fit and habitable condition, Tenant will be given the option to transfer the reservation to a different unit if available, or cancellation with full refund (excluding non-refundable travel insurance). Any difference in price between the originally reserved unit and the unit to which the reservation is moved will be charged or refunded to the Tenant as applicable. Coastal Realty shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Rental Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familiar status of any tenant.
(8) TENANT DUTIES. Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Property, including but not limited to keeping the Property as clean and safe as conditions permit, and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the Property, including the common areas. Tenant will notify Coastal Realty of any unsafe or unsanitary conditions observed. Tenant agrees not to use the Property for any activity that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Tenant agrees to comply with the Governing Documents of the Association where their vacation rental is located, and agrees to pay any fines incurred due to violation of said Governing Documents during their stay. Tenant's breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of Tenant's tenancy.
(9) TURTLE NESTING ORDINANCE. Tenant agrees to comply with St. Johns County Ordinance No. 99-33. During turtle nesting season (May 1-October 31 annually), from dusk until dawn, Tenants in Properties with ocean-facing lights or windows/glass doors will turn off all exterior patio/balcony lights and keep window treatments closed to prevent light from shining through. If the County issues a penalty for non-compliance for the Tenant’s reservation term, the penalty (up to $500 or more) shall be the responsibility of the Tenant and may be charged to the Tenant’s credit card.
(10) CLEANING. Cleaning discrepancies with photo documentation must be reported to our office within 24 hours of check-in. If Tenant has not reported a cleaning discrepancy within that time frame, we will presume the unit was found in acceptable condition. All reservations include a departure cleaning fee which cover a normal cleaning of the unit and up to 2 loads of laundry for 2 bedroom units, 3 loads of laundry for 3 bedroom units. We ask that Tenants follow any departure instructions provided with the reservation information, including but not limited to: loading any dirty dishes into the dishwasher, removing garbage from the unit, and placing all used linen in laundry area of unit. Each unit is inspected after every departure and Tenants may be charged for extra cleaning if unit is left excessively dirty and/or if Tenant fails to complete the departure requirements.
(11) CHECK-OUT. Tenants must complete check-out by vacating the unit by the designated check-out time; and all keys, pool passes, parking passes, remotes, etc., must be returned to the office or left in the designated area. If check-out has not occurred by the designated check-out
(12) DAMAGE CHARGES. Tenant’s credit card information will be kept on file to ensure compliance with the terms of the Rental Agreement and may be charged in the event of violation of the terms, or to cover expenses including but not limited to the following: the condition of the unit is determined to be beyond normal wear and tear; contents from unit (keys, gate remotes, non-expired parking permits, pool permits, etc.) are missing or damaged, Tenant agrees to accept all liability and understands that these costs will be charged to the Tenant's credit card, to include an applicable administrative fee. Tenant may also be responsible for charges to cover unnecessary service calls, including lock-outs. Please report any problems or damage in your unit the day of check-in. If not reported, we must assume the damages occurred during your occupancy. Coastal Realty's determination of damages will be conclusive.
(13) RENTAL DAMAGE PLAN. Tenant may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during Tenant’s reservation, provided they are disclosed to Agent prior to departure. If, during Tenant’s reservation at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the Property as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit as defined in the Damage Protection Plan. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy, [www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Generali Global Assistance to pay directly Coastal Realty & Property Management any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Coastal Realty & Property Management directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment. Any damages that exceed the plan limit or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the Tenant directly. If Tenant does not purchase the Vacation Rental Damage Protection, a damage deposit ($2,000.00 minimum) will be required prior to check-in; this deposit will be refunded after check-out, less any damage charges.
(14) PETS. Coastal Realty does have many "pet friendly" units. IF A UNIT DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY ALLOW PETS and Tenant is found to have a pet in Tenant's unit at any time during Tenant's stay, Tenant's tenancy shall be terminated and a mandatory additional cleaning fee ($300 minimum) will be charged to Tenant's credit card on file, plus any applicable administration fee. Pet policies and breed restrictions may vary from property to property; please inquire with the rental manager prior to booking.
(15) SMOKING FEE. All Coastal Realty vacation rental units are non-smoking. An additional cleaning fee ($500 minimum) will be charged to Tenant's credit card for smoking in any unit.
(16) LOST OR STOLEN ARTICLES. Coastal Realty is not responsible for articles lost, stolen, or left behind at the Property.
(17) REPAIRS AND SERVICE CALLS. Coastal Realty cannot guarantee against breakdown of air conditioning, appliances, or other appurtenances to Property. Please report any non-operative equipment to our office promptly. We will make every effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. Should a repairman make a call to a unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to tenant oversight or neglect, all charges for the service will be charged to the Tenant's credit card on file. No rental refunds will be made due to failure of air conditioning, appliances, or other items beyond Agent’s control.
(18) LOCK OUTS. If Tenant locks themselves out of the Property reserved, and a Coastal Realty employee is available to provide access, there will be a service fee ($100 minimum), which will be due at the time of service. If Tenant is unable to pay the service fee at the time of service, the Tenant’s credit card will be charged. If no employee of the Agent is available to provide access, Tenant is responsible for hiring a locksmith to regain access, and all locksmith charges.
(19) PROPERTY FURNISHINGS. Tenant acknowledges that the Property is privately owned, including the furnishings, and neither Coastal Realty, nor the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment not available at the property during the term of the reservation. Certain areas, including but not limited to locked closets, rooms, or other areas, are reserved for the exclusive use of the Owner and will not be available for the use of the Tenant. Tenant agrees not to rearrange furnishings or leave any furnishings or other items outdoors (excluding deck furniture or décor), and that a service fee for moving or replacing furnishings may be charged to the Tenant’s credit card in the event of non-compliance.
(20) CHANGE OF UNIT OWNERSHIP. If the ownership of the unit that has been reserved by Tenant changes, Tenant will be given the option to transfer the reservation to a different unit if available, or cancellation with full refund (excluding non-refundable travel insurance). Any difference in price between the originally reserved unit and the unit to which the reservation is moved will be charged or refunded to the Tenant as applicable.
(21) TRANSFER REQUESTS. No unit transfer by request of Tenant can be guaranteed after the reservation has been confirmed.
(22) MANDATORY EVACUATION. If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Property, Tenant shall comply with the order.
(23) EXPEDITED EVICTION. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, expedited eviction procedures will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant's tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant's tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Property by fraud or misrepresentation.
(24) INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS; RIGHT OF ENTRY; ASSIGNMENT. Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the Owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant's guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the Owner. Tenant agrees that Agent, the Owner or their respective representatives may enter the Property during reasonable hours to inspect the Property, to make such repairs, alterations, or improvements hereto as Agent or Owner may deem appropriate. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement to sublet the Property in whole or part without written permission of the Agent.